JellyPages.com

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Not So Thrilled About "Change"

Well, we now have a new President. I watched the whole parade and swearing in. I saw the millions of people cheering and thanking God for this day. I even dragged my son Declan in to watch "history in the making". All the while, I kept thinking to myself, why does this not feel right. I actually found myself tearing up as I watched Pres. Bush and his wife climb into the helicopter and take off for the last time. I just feel so sad and lost. I mean, I have nothing against Obama (other than the fact that he supports abortion.) He's a family man. He has good family values, all of which I like, but for some reason, I just can't get excited about a man we know very little about. The whole country has built him up to be some sort of rock star that is going to change the world. What the average person doesn't understand is that he doesn't really have as much power as we think. Sure he signs his name to new bills, but it's congress that decides, not the President. My husband watches the stock market every day. Today it dropped over 400 points. I know the majority of the people who voted for Obama have no idea what that means, and I am only just learning, but I do know it's not good. If we're not careful, this country could go into another depression. That's a lot to put on the shoulders of a man with so little experience. I pray that God will watch over our new President and our country, because they both really need all the support they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!