JellyPages.com

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday Funday

My favorite day of the week is Sunday. Sean is usually garanteed to have that day off every week. This Sunday we sat around watching football playoffs and building with blocks. We enjoyed watching the Giants and Peyton lose the playoffs this year. I really hate the Manning brothers. It brings such joy to me to see them lose! Sean and I decided to try something new with the rotisserie. We brined a turkey from a recipe I found in my Martha Stewart cookbook. It is suppose to lock the juices in the bird while it cooks. It smelled great all day. We couldn't wait to eat it. Boy were we disopointed...The turkey was way too salty. I couldn't eat it, but the boys didn't seem to mind. Sean said it would be ok for sandwiches, so he wrapped it in foil on the counter to let it cook before putting it in the fridge. Big mistake! PT decided to help himself to it. Of course Sean swore that would be the last of his nine lives, and threw him into the hall bathroom for the night. Needless to say, the turkey is now in the bottom of the trach outside. The boys and I decided to play with blocks. We started out making a castle, but soon came up with the challenge to see if we could build a tower using all 300 blocks. After 2 attempts, the end result was a success! I posted a picture of it above. Sean had a lot of fun with Cian. For some reason, everything Sean would say or do was so funny to Cian. The two of them just wouldn't stop laughing. Sean put his jacket on Cian. The jacket was as big as him. There is a picture of that as well. All in all, it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!