JellyPages.com

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Forgiveness

I had originally written a post that was more or less, a confession. I carefully wrote it out, pouring my heart and soul into every word. When I was finished, I read it to myself and decided it was too personal to put in my blog. Not because of who would be reading it, but because I was ashamed of it. I was afraid of judgement and scornful remarks. I have lived many years with the pain and regret of this confession. Very few even know it exists. However I can not hide it from God. Lent is the one time of year for true penance and forgiveness. It is a time to remember our sins and the sacrifice Jesus made to forgive them. I hold the Lenten season very dear to my heart because it has helped me to realize the error of my ways and begin to come to terms with them. I have learned that God forgives ALL sins, even when we cannot forgive them ourselves. It is up to us to ask him for forgiveness. I consider myself lucky to have seen my faults before it is too late. Many souls did not have that privilige in life. That is why God created Purgatory. A sort of cleansing, for the soul to enter Heaven. We are praying for those souls, so that when it is our turn, someone will pray for ours. God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Arly, I'm sorry you are feeling ashamed, but just wanted you to know if you want to share anything less publicly, just mail me. I always think that if God can forgive us then we must forgive ourselves. I am sure all the good you have done far out ways the sin you refer to. Try not to be too hard on yourself, God forgives you and we learn from our errors, we become stronger and wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I can finally get on your blog.

    ABout this post, I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!