JellyPages.com

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4 Weeks and Counting....

It's hard to believe Declans' first year of school is almost over. It seems like just yesterday Sean and I were trying to decide weather or not to put him in a public school, or home school him. Then there was the decision of curriculum. I am so glad we chose to home school. Seton's has been a God send and I feel like a much better Mom for taking on the challenge. When Declan started school, he could barely write. Now his handwriting is great. (For a kindergartener)He has learned to add, count money, tell time (On a real clock, not a digital one) read a 2nd level book, and he has memorized 10 prayers, including the Apostles' Creed word perfect. He knows the 10 Commandments in order, the 7 Sacraments and their meanings, the Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and Luminous Mysteries and can say the Rosary on his own. We have accomplished some much this first year. I can't believe he only has 4.5 weeks to go. What a wonderful blessing it has been for me to watch him progress and learn, knowing it was ME and not some random public teach teaching my son.

5 comments:

  1. What a sense of Accomplishment! God bless his hard work and your dedication! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of you! I honestly do not know how you cope. I could never have done it all. You are a marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You DID this, YOU. Isn't that a great sense of accomplishment? For mother's we don't often get to see a completed project...like in the work world. And while his education is not complete you have hit certain milestones and achievements.

    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. You have stepped out in faith and He has and will reward you. Remember, He can NOT be outdone in generousity. :)

    More wonders await....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Well done Declan and You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I truly believe I could not have done it without the support of my home schooling Moms' and of course, our wonderful Lord. On days when I thought I couldn't go on or didn't have will to even try, God gave me the strength to go on!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!