JellyPages.com

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Sea Moneky Mombo......

As part of Declan's Science class, Sean bought a Sea Monkey started kit for him to grow. We have had them for a little over 2 weeks and they have gotten pretty big. So, this morning I got up ands started doing the dishes. The Sea Monkeys are sitting on a ledge just above the kitchen sink, so while I'm scrubbing away, I have something to look at. Well, I sure got an eye full this morning. I found two Sea Monkeys doing the "Sea Monkey Mombo". Oh goodness, I so did not need to see that, yet I couldn't take my eyes off. It was so weird....Needless to say, what I guess is the female, now has an egg sack attached to her rear end....yuck!

2 comments:

  1. Forgive my stupidity but what are sea monkeys? And how do you buy them in a starter pack? Maybe you can post a photo so us down here can also see what they look like... please just not the two momboing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea Monkeys are also known as Brine Shrinp. In the US, you can purchase them at a learning store or order them from their website. A starter kit contains a small plastic aquarium, a salt mixture for the water, a packet of freeze dried eggs, and their food. They take a few days to hatch and when they do, they are so small you need a magnifying glass to see them. They grow to about a half inch long. I will try to take a picture of them to show you!
    www.sea-monkeys.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!