JellyPages.com

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yet another house hurdle...

Well, the roach and spider problem seems to be under control. You would think that would be the last of the house problems....no such luck. So, I was doing dishes and laundry the other day when the entire kitchen sink backed up. It only lasted a few minutes and then drained out quickly. I thought it was odd, but didn't give it a second thought, until I went into the garage to put my clothes in the dryer. What did I find out there....a flooded garage. It hadn't done that before, and again I really didn't give it a second thought. Well, yesterday I did another load of laundry and Sean said the entire sink was backed up in the kitchen. About 5 minutes later, I heard water flowing in the garage...OMG...the pipe sticking out of the wall where the drain off hose goes from the washer was spewing dirty water everywhere. I didn't know what to do, so I called my Dad. He said the main drain was clogged and we needed to get a plummer out there asap. Well, that ment calling the landlord, which I didn't want to do since the kitchen window is still broken and we can't get that fixed until after Sean gets paid next week. (Why is the window broken you ask...that's a story for another post) Well, the plumming needs to get fixed so I had to just call her. I left her a message and she showed up later that evening. She was very upset and said she would take care of it right away. Needless to say, a plummer will be here today between 10 and 12. Hopefully this will be the last of the house dilemmas! Update: So, the plummer was here for about 2 hours. The verdict, the former tenants poured cooking grease down the disposal quite often. He said it is still pretty clogged and will need to use some sort of rocket bomb to clear it out completely. He needs to get the owners permission to do so however. For now it's fixed and that's all I care about.

6 comments:

  1. Yecch! I hate flooded floors - such a job to clean up if you have lots of things standing around. Hope your "hurdles" are coming to an end soon and you can start enjoying your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, the last tenants sounded like complete and total slobs! Don't you hate it when you follow people like that? I think you will make that house your home, and it will be wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am sure Jhen you can fix things though a bit tiring,hmmm sure you got lots of work to do, goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope this is the end of your house problem :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Little by little I will have this house livable again. I have started on the backyard today. Pulling weeds, trimming crazy branches in the backyard and getting the ground ready to start a veggie garden. Its going to take some time, but I hope I can make this house homie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are settled but that roach and spider thing would have killed me!

    You should take some before and after shots, I LUV those kinda posts!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!