JellyPages.com

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Garden and house update!

Wow, I can't believe its been 3 weeks since I last posted. Where has the time gone? Let's see, in my last post, we planted all the seeds for the carrots, green beans, corn, and pumpkins. Well, as you can see in the photos below, they have really begun to sprout. The boys are totally engulfed in watching their progress every day. I love to help water them and pull out any weeds that grow inside. We can't wait for the end product! Since we have moved here, we have had an extra amount of cash. So we decided to spend a little extra on decorating the house. We started with the kitchen and have decided to go with a country kitchen theme. So far, we bought an apple clock, an apple pie recipe floor mat, a pretty floral wreath, a decorative fake window with a curtain, and 4 country kitchen 8x10 prints. I still want to get an apple cookie jar with matching sugar bowl and salt and pepper shakers. An apple paper towel rack and new apple themed dishes set. I have become addicted to Ebay in my search! For the living room, Sean wanted to do a tropical theme with the eventual purchase of wicker furniture. For now, we have bought 2 ferns, a runner rug, a white wood and wicker end table set, and 2 small palm trees. I am in the process of bidding on 4 shadow box framed sea shells and sand. I also bought a white framed small mirror and two wall candle holders for either side of the mirror. Sean wants another oval shaped mirror for the room as well, and I want a white hall table for the small hall way leading from the front door. We are also looking for a large light colored area rug to break up the ugly dark brown living room carpet. Something with cream and bright colors will due nicely. I have a few other ideas, but as I said, we have a LITTLE extra money and I have a millon ideas. Its going to take some time.

Green Bean sprouts

Carrot sprouts

Corn on the cob sprouts

3 comments:

  1. yes, its been a long time Arley, i just thought you are still busy with keeping your new house. How is it living in a new home?
    missed you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I was getting worried about you, but now I see you are fine. All the decorating sounds fun. Wish I had a little "extra cash" to do some decorating. This house needs a coat of paint but it will have to wait for my ship to come in. Glad you are back and please let us know how the pregnancy is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess so very busy lately for your gardening....anyway welcome back...nice pictures....

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!