JellyPages.com

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Crazy few weeks

Well, as usual it has been a roll-a-coaster ride around here these past 3 weeks. Let's see, where to begin...Ok, Declan finally graduated Kindergarten and is now a 1st grader. He took his CAT test and I should have the results of that in 2 or 3 weeks. I think he did great in Math and Phonics, however his reading comp. Could use some work. He doesn't pay attention to what is read to him, therefore he has no clue what a story is about. There were 2 stories on the test, the first one had 4 questions and he go 3 out of the 4 incorrect. I can't help him, but I did let him know before the second story that he needed to listen carefully to what I was reading. The second story he got all the questions correct. I'm curious as to how he ranks with other kindergartners. I saw my new OBGYN this past week. She seems nice, but she's not a Midwife and I'm very upset that I wasn't able to find one out here. The baby seems great and I am doing well so far. I am doing the dreaded glucose test on Monday, along with all my other blood work, lucky me. The following Monday, 20th is my 27 week ultrasound. That's when we will find out the little ones sex. I can't wait. Unfortunately, Sean can't be there since we have no family or friends to watch the kids, so I will be solo. Sean is still working crazy hours. Pulling 2 or 3 doubles per week. His only day off this week, a girl called out because she had terrible menstral cramps. HELLO....EVER HEARD OF ADVIL? I was sooooo mad. Sean hadn't had a day off in almost 2 weeks and this girl has the nerve to call out, knowing he is the only person that could come in. What a selfish thing to do. On the plus side, Seans new Assistant started today and hopefully he is a fast learner so he can start running some shifts as well. Last, I posted a few pictures of Sean and the kids. We bought Mary a walker so she doesn't have to crawl around on that discusting floor. (Our landlord said she had the carpets cleaned before we moved in, but every time I vaccum I can smell old dirty dog in the carpets.) She loves to play in it and the boys love to push her all over the house in it too. The last picture is a horrible little burn Fionny got on his hand from the grill. I had no idea he had even gotten the burn until the next day. He never even told us he did it or even cried. I noticed it yesterday morning at breakfast, when I asked him where he had gotten it, he said "on the grill". It even blistered and still he hadn't cried. I felt horrible for not knowing. It must have happened after dinner when the grill was cooling off and they were all outside playing in the backyard. I feel like such a horrible Mother for not knowing. One last thing, I picked my first 4 green beans today. Sean and I split one I cooked just to see how it tasted....yummy!! I can't wait for the rest to rippen!!

Check out my new walker!

This is fun!

I love my new toy!

Fionnys grill burn.

1 comment:

  1. Your little one is geting so big! And don't worry...you are not a terrible mother! Those things happen and I have had many times where I thought the same thing.
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I am 25 weeks along and having another boy. I do the dreaded glucose test in a week and a half. Fun fun!
    Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!