JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

38 weeks and 5 days....

The countdown begins.....I went to the doctor yesterday. I was actually suppose to see my doctor but she had another lady go into labor early that morning, so I had to settle for one of the nurses. I gained another 2 lbs from my last visit, which I wasn't thrilled about. I think this is the most I've weighed in all my pregnancies. Thank God Sean bought the Wii Fit game for us to lose the weight together.

I had my second "check" as well. I am 50% effaced and 1 centimeter dialated. Again, I was not thrilled as Mom will not be out here until the 14th. That's a week from tomorrow. As I mentioned before, if I go into labor before she gets here, I will be completely on my own. No Sean, nothing. He wouldn't even be able to visit me in the hospital. The point of me making this appointment was to speak to my doctor regarding the situation. I was told by one of the nurses my last visit, that so long as I was 40 weeks, I could be enduced the following day if I chose. Now I come to find that if the hospital is booked around that time, that will not be possible. Mom will only be here for 11 days. Declan's birthday is the 21st and we are planning on taking them to Disney that day for their Halloween. If I can't deliver by say...Sat or Sun(17 or 18th), there will be no Disney for the boys. That would break their hearts. I know we have to control over the situation, but it still bothers me. Anywho...thanks for listening, you are all wonderful!!!

6 comments:

  1. It will work out the way it's suppose to. I hope she comes the day after your mom gets her so you have plenty of time to rest and to enjoy Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, but either way, I won't be going to Disney. Me and the girls(that sounds so weird) will be home. Mom, Sean and the boys are going to Disney. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is great to come visit and help with the new baby. I hope the schedules work out for everyone.

    I am glad to read on the comments that your not going to disney... I wondered how you were going to swing that after just having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me thinks you must just relax and take things easy these last couple of days. Remember who is in control and focus on the excitement and joy of your new daughter. I, personally, cannot wait to see the first photograph of little Elizabeth. I am sure she will be another beauty just like het sister (and Mom if I may say so) and I pray that she will be a healthy and happy baby from the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck Arley!! Can't wait to see pics of your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Everyone!!! I will have my MyTouch with me in the hospital, so you will all see pictures of her right away!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!