JellyPages.com

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall....



I love this time of year. The weather change, having all the doors and windows open, and all the pretty fall colors. Most of all, it's the beginning on my favorite holidays. Halloween is my favorite by far. I love the decorations and costumes. Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday. I love searching for recipes online for Sean and I to cook all day and watch football. It's such a wonderful time of year. It's the time of year to give thanks for all we've been blessed with and remember all that we've lost. This time of year was my Grandmothers favorite as well. She passed away almost 9 years ago, but she is still very much alive in our home.

This picture is the centerpiece on our kitchen table. Sean found the flowers at Big Lots and the pumpkins are from my pumpkin patch. Little by little we are starting to decorate the house. We don't have a lot of money, with the new baby coming, but we do find great bargins at places like Big Lots and Ebay. The second picture is a cute scarecrow Sean also found at Big Lots. Fionn was terrified of it at first, but now thinks of him as a new member of the family. He calls him Mr. Straws. Thats all we've bought for now. I hope to find some other ideas online. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Arley, I am so happy to see you posting about the holidays, that tells me that you are taking things a bit slower and affording yourself some time for yourself. We do not celebrate either Halloween or Thanksgiving and I am just a little bit jealous of you folks who do. Please enjoy it for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pictures...Have a Happy Halloween and Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fall as well. I love your decorations. I will be making a trip to Big Lots next week after payday.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!