JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We made it through one week!



We made it through the first 7 days with Elizabeth and the other 5 kiddies! Last night was our only rough patch. Lizzie projectile vomited all over Sean after only eating an ounce. She is starting to cluster feed and not burp. She fussed and cried for almost an hour after that, but there was no way I was going to feed her again that soon. Finally she fell asleep and didn't wake up until almost 4am.

All the kids seem to be taking well to her. Mary has even warmed up to her and loves to give her little head butts. I know that sounds crazy, but she is very gentle about it. Thats her way of showing love.




Mom has been a huge help with the other kids. They have all really taken to her. (They only see her once or twice a year) Especially Mary, she has blossomed so much with Mom being here. She walks everywhere and has become very independant. However, every time Mary cries, Mom picks her up and carries her everywhere. That is going to be a problem after she leaves.

As much as we love having Mom here, we are looking forward to just being our "little" family and getting things back to normal. I am planning on starting school back up on Monday. They have been off for the last two weeks. It will be a challenge when Sean goes back to work in early Nov. but we will manage!

5 comments:

  1. congrats, and good luck when the extra help goes home and back to work. The life of a mom never stops and you've chosen to home school so, you must be super mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first week! I am amazed that you are going to be teaching school again so soon. You're super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arley, I am so glad to hear that Elizabeth seems to be a calm, contented baby, it will make life so much easier for your. I agree with some of the others, you are a super mom. I cannot express how I feel when I see this tiny baby so peacefully sleeping. I am a complete sucker when it comes to babies. They are all innocence and potential and I cannot help wondering what and where they will be in a couple of years time. How will life treat them and how will they treat life. I just want to cover little Lizzie in blessings of happiness, health, wisdom and prosperity... Blessings for both of you and of course the rest of your family also. She is so completely perfect, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments! As far as starting school back up on Monday. I'm really not super mom, they have already missed two weeks of school and I am afraid the progress I made with Cian will be lost. Besides, the state of Cali is pretty strick about homeschooling. I don't want my neighbors turning us in for not having our kids in school. (We have nosey neighbors) I am in no way ready to go back to school, but you do what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!