JellyPages.com

Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to School....

Today was our first day back in school. I wasn't sure what to expect from the boys since it had been 8 weeks since our last day of school. To be honest, I have been dreading this day for quite some time. Since having Lizzie, I have not had a desire to teach anymore. I'm not sure why, but the thought depressed me. Sean kept saying, "It's just like me not wanting to go back to work after 4 weeks off, but once you get through the first few days, it's a peice of cake."
 To teach you have to have a lot of discipline. Not only for the children, but for yourself as well. It's about sacrifice. Giving up your own free time to help someone else. There are a lot of things I would like to be doing during the day. I would like to be able to clean my house and keep it that way. I would like to watch my soaps and bake or scrapbook. I would like to play Wii and do my Wii Fit Yoga. Those are all things I enjoy doing, but then I would have to think to myself..."Do I want to put my children in public school? Who will they be hanging out with? What illness will they bring home? What bad habits will they pick up?" My list goes on. *sigh* So I will give up my personal free time in order to give my children a better education and keep them innocent for as long as I can.

The first day back wasn't too bad. I did a review of the first 4 letters and numbers with Cian. He did very well. He is still having trouble with the letter D, but in time he will get it. His coloring has suffered a bit as well. I have to re-train him to color within the lines. Again, to be expected. Declan didn't do to bad either. We reviewed in Religion, and started learning about Advent. We will be making an Advent wreath in art this Friday. We reviewed in Math, odd and even numbers and learned about Ordinals, number placement. English he remembered Homonyms and their meaning, but forgot Synonyms and Antonyms. He quickly remembered though. His reading was a little rusty as well. He is currently reading "This Is Our Family" a Catholic childrens novel. He is almost finished with it. History we reviewed maps and map titles. Spelling, we were introduced to a new set of 10 words with the short u sound. He already knows how to spell them, its more a matter of him remembering them for his test on Friday. All and all, it wasn't a bad first day back. It's 2:30pm and I get a couple of hours to myself before Sean gets home....oh wait, now Lizzie is awake....guess not, *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!