JellyPages.com

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Anonymous Users....

I had a blogger friend ask me why I have my blog set to reject anonymous comments. "What's the point of setting your blog to public if you don't allow anyone to comment?" Well, that's a very good question! My answer is one word, or should I say one name....EDDIE.

I have worked long and hard to get that EVIL person out of my life. I am very careful who I associate with. Very careful what I post. (As not to reveal ANY geographical or personal contact information.) I have no problem allowing others to view and comment on my blog. In fact, I enjoy reading everyones comments, however I simply don't want to read any harassing or insulting comments from him or anyone else. Life is challenging enough to have to worry about rude things someone might say. I suppose I should learn to trust the good people in this world and allow others to express their opinion anonymously. So I will give it a try. Please don't make me regret it!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I do not know who, or what "EDDIE" is, but it is so wrong if you have to "hide" from anybody. Luckily, if he posts a rude comment, you can just delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "EDDIE" was my ex-boyfrind when I was 18-21. He has been stocking me for years. He is the most EVIL person I have ever met. I have finally been able to remove him from my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, Arley, that's too bad. What a shape that you have to do that.

    I hope everything is well with you.

    Cheers!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jo! Everything is great here. Getting a little panicked about the Christmas shopping though. Still so much to do with less than two weeks to go. Sean is working two weeks straight so it's pretty much up to me. SUCH PRESSURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Arly, I found you through Christine's blog! (meet me at the gates)

    I have a baby pretty close to the same age as yours, mine was born on Aug 24, she'll be 4 mos on Christmas Eve.

    Anyway...recently family of all people (haha) found my blog. I actually like writing more to an unknown crowd, (although a lot of friends do read, which is fine) I don't know, it's personal stuff, too personal for family...does that make sense? Anyway, I might have to not allow anonymous people either, I'll have to think of it! Thanks for the idea.

    I hope this EDDIE was not leaving comments on your blog, that would be awful and I hope he's not stalking anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jamie,

    I believe I have actually seen a few of your comments on Christines' blog. She's a wonderful women!!

    It's sad that I have to moderate my blog. However, "EDDIE" does not seem to be the person I was having an issue with. It seems to be his Mother instead. So I guess I will have to keep my blog the way it is until she's gets board of stocking me as well.


    I have another daughter that just turned 1 on Aug 31st. I love this age!!!

    That I know of, the only family the reads my blog is my Aunt Rene!!! I don't really mind if they read my blog. In some ways, it's the only means for them to see our children grow. Neither Sean nor I have any family or friends in this state, so this is my ways of letting them be a part of our family...from afar. I use it once an awhile to vent if I've had a bad day with the kiddos or Sean, but that's pretty rare. I have found blogging to be a great place to find other Catholic Mom's and home schooling parents. It's a big scary world out there, we can use all the help and support we can get!!!

    Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very welcome. Glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!