JellyPages.com

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Good bye my old friend....

Just under 7 years ago, I bought my husband a Canon MiniDV Digital Camcorder, just like this one. We had just had our first son Declan 2 months prior. I wanted to give Sean something to record all our family memories with, this was the perfect gift. Well, Sean never really took to the gift. Instead the camcorder/camera became my right hand man, so to speak. I never left home without it. It has seen every Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Birthday and any silly events in between. It has truely been like an extended member of the family.

A year or two ago, I noticed the tape player was starting to act up. It actually ate one of our family videos when I tried to play it. I was so upset, but didn't think much of it, until Sunday afternoon when I turned it on to record our Christmas tree decorating. The LCD screen wouldn't come on. I thought maybe the battery was dead and plugged it in. I tried to turn it on again....nothing. Sean told me to try the old fashion view finder on the top. That was working just fine. I guess the LCD screen finally gave out. In a way it was really sad for us. There is so much sentimental value in that little camcorder. Even after we replace it, Sean doesn't want to throw it away. He said, "It will always have meaning to me." So, our first camcorder will be put into retirement after this Christmas.

This will be its replacement. The JVC PICSIO Camcorder. It records 1080p HD video and photos at the click of a button. It's the size of a cell phone! Has three cool colors and you can get it at any electronic or Walmart store for $200! This is what I hope Santa will being me for Christmas!! (Hint, hint) No more 50 takes just to get the perfect photo. (My kids can't hold still for more than 15 seconds at ANY given time.) Yes, I do think this will be the perfect replacement for our little friend!!!

Here are a couple of new Christmas pictures. The bottom photo is Lizzie and I. She is 8 weeks today!
The top photo is Mary and I. She was only sitting with me because she had a slight fever. She has two molers coming in. Poor baby has had a rough two days.




Well, I'm off to bed. Hopefully I can get some sleep through Seans obnoxious snooring....good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!