JellyPages.com

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!


As Christmas Eve draws near, I sit and watch The Nativity Story by myself. (Sean is out shopping and the babies are in bed) What an incredible woman Mary was/is. She was chosen by the Lord to carry his child. In a time where, if a women becomes pregnant out of wedlock, she would have been stoned to death. Knowing that, she accepted her task with open heart and mind. She had total faith in her creator to protect her. How many of us can say we believe in God unconditionally? To trust in him, wholeheartedly without doubt, that he will lead us on the right path to Heaven? Such faith she had. She must have been terrified, being chosen to raise the Messiah, and then watch him die for everyone. Did she ever have doubt or lose faith?

I think about what she went through, when my life isn't perfect. I ask why God puts us through so much hardship. Just when I think my life couldn't get any worst, I stop and think about what Mary went through. She had nothing as a child. Asked for nothing in return. Obyed our Lord, even when she had doubt. Watched her only son suffer and die for the sins of ALL, yet she never strayed from her path. She always remained loyal to God. I ask, can I have such faith as she? I ask you...do you have that faith in God?

To all my friends and family, especially those we have not seen in years, please remember you are ALL in our thoughts and prayers this Christmas season. Even though we may not always show it, we love and care for you very deeply and wish things could have been different. We hope that some day, we will all be together again as a family. May you have a safe and wonderful holiday with your families. Merry Christmas and God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family! May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Chrismas ! May your days be Merry ...~~^^

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!