JellyPages.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

Possible Promotion.......I HOPE NOT!!!

Right in the middle of Spelling class, I get a text from Sean,
"Do I have clean khakis and a nice shirt?" I thought about it for a second and responded, "I think so, why?" He responds, "Have to go to a dinner interview with Blah Blah and the VP of the company." When I read that, I knew what his answer was going to be, but I asked anyway..."What for?" Of coures, I didn't like the responce....."Possible Promotion"

I am so upset. We knew this day would come when he took the job, but not this soon. It would be a Market Manager position. That means he would be in direct control of multiple stores in a district. More responsibility and less time with the family. Some travel is required, more time away from the family. He already works 10+ hours a day, what more do they want from him. Yes, there would be a pay raise, but who cares about the money. That's more hours I have to deal with the children ALONE!

I could just cry right now. I can't even put into words the thoughts going through my mind. I don't want to feel like a single Mom. As it is, they never leave him alone on his days off. With a promotion, he has to be on-call 24/7. I think I'm gonna be sick.

He knows how I feel about a promotion. I don't think he really wants one at this point in his career, but the dinner interview, is not optional. He doesn't know much more than what I've said here, but I have a feeling we aren't going to like what is discussed.

For now, I must go iron some clothes and bite my tongue. All the while, screaming inside....

2 comments:

  1. Oh No! While a promotion could be a great thing..more money etc...it would mean not seeing your husband! Now I only have three kids but I know how difficult it is to be alone with them. My husband is gone two weeks at a time and I am basically a single mother. Every decision is mine alone. It sucks! There are days when I think that I did not sign on for this. I feel for you! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arley,
    I didn't mean to sound so alarming in my comment. I just know how overwelhming having your husband around less can be. I do think you are a strong woman and can handle whatever is tossed your way. Plus there is no gurantee that a promotion will come through. Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!