JellyPages.com

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why I Fell in Love

For those of us who have been in a relationship for some time, do you ever stop and think about what attracted you to that person, to begin with? Where did you first meet? Was it by accident or fate? Were you instantly attracted to the person, or did it take some doing? Who made the first move? Was it romantic or aquard? I hadn't thought about when Sean and I first met, for some time. At least not until today. Here's the story..

I lost my cell somewhere in the house while trying to get the boys dressed to go play outside. I looked everywhere, nothing...Finally I shot Sean an email to have him call my cell. (We don't have a land line, so email is our only other form of communication.) A minute or so later, I hear the faint ringing of my phone coming from behind the Christmas tree. (Kids...) I didn't get to it in time to answer it, so I guess he tried again. I answer the phone, but all I hear is some strange rustling sound and Sean talking to a women in the background. Rather than hanging up, I decided to wait and see if he came on. As I listened, he was dealing with a women who had a problem with a product. He apologized to her and listened to what she had to say. He introduced the women to an employee and told that employee how to fix the problem. Again, more rustling sounds and then Sean speaking to a gentleman who was hoping to upgrade a product for his teenage daughter. Sean was more then happy to help the gentleman and even went so far as to put the man in stitches with a, not so funny joke. (He thinks he's hilarious, aparently everyone except me, thinks so too.) All done professionally.

I listened to him for about 20 minutes, until he went into the back room to check on an item for a customer. I guess he then realized he had called me and hung up. I was a little disappointed. I enjoyed listening to him work. I actually found myself with a huge grin on my face. It was then that I realized why or how, that I met and fell in love with him. We were working. At a hotel in Arizona. I was a Front Desk Supervisor and he was a server in the restaurant. He was working there to earn some extra cash to return home to Boston. We only dated for less than two months, before he left. We said we would try to stay together, but do long distance relationships really work? In our case, yes. A week after he left, I found out I was pregnant. I told him in an istant message. Although shocked, we were both happy. At 7 1/2 weeks, I lost the baby. Sean was crushed that he couldn't be there. He was on the phone with my Mother at the hospital. dispite our loss, we named the baby Adin. The whole experience brought us closer together. For the next 8 months, we saved our money so that I could move to Boston and be with him. It worked! In January of 2001, he flew to Arizona to pick me up and drive the 3,000 miles back to Hull, MA.

My point, though a bit strayed from. I fell in love with his professional side. It's charming, understanding, sexy, and well dressed. All the things he's NOT at home. At home he runs around in nothing but his underware, drinking Sam Adams beer and teaching the boys how a "real man" farts. Every other word out of his month, towards me, is "bone?" Though not very appealing to any women, he still makes me smile and remember why I fell in love with him. So I guess, though I will never get to see that side of my husband, I know that it is there, and I will continue to love him till the day I die!

2 comments:

  1. My story is very simple. I fell in love with my man because he was the most romantic man I have ever met. He literally swept me off my feet (the fact that I was a smalltown girl and him a man of the world - lol) certainly contributed. Then I married him and found out that he was human... I still love him though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, they always seem so much more interesting when you're dating, then you marry them and find out what they're really like.....oh well, they're worth it!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!