JellyPages.com

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Homemade Valentines Day Card Ideas????

Since February is practicly here, that means Valentines Day is fast approaching as well. Setons requires 1 hour of Art per week. We usually do ours on Fridays, as the last class. Setons does have an Art  textbook, however I was not impressed with their crafts for Valentines day. I also have The Giant Encyclopedia of Art & Craft Activities for Children 3 to 6. Again, not impressed with their Valentines selection either. So I starting surfing the web. There are a lot of nice ideas, however not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an easy craft idea to make homemade cards for the boys to send to Grandma. Declan and Cian both drew pictures and wrote letters to my Mom a few weeks ago. She loved them so much she took them to work with her and has them sitting on her desk. I thought it would be a wonderful idea to have them make her and Aunt Rene Valentines Day cards. I just can't seem to find a good pattern or idea. I am not a very "creative" person, so I need a little help. If any of you homeschooling Moms and teachers have any ideas or sites in mind, could you please send them my way. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. This might sound boring but my granddaughter gave me a birthday card with her hand- and footprints in it once and I will always treasure it. Maybe you can do something like that and just say I love you so much I wish I could touch you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,How are you lately? If I were you, I'll order to your kids to drawing their grandmams portraits onto the cards...Try it...

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!