JellyPages.com

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Its that time of year again!! I am bubbling over with excitement for the holiday season. I just love this time of year. So much to be thankful for and we love to see the excitement and anticipation on our childrens faces!!! The house is almost funny decorated for Christmas. (I am ordering a few more decorations online today) Sean and the boys just need to go pick out a tree next weekend. Half of our Christmas shopping is finished, for the kids that is. Life is wonderful!!

I don't know what it is about Thanksgiving, but it is by far my favorite holiday. Maybe its the food? Football in stunning HD? The first time we play Christmas music, or my favorite, watching the first showing of A Christmas Story (on Blu-ray this year!) after dinner. It could also be all the baking and cooking, but this year we ordered our entire meal from Honeybaked.com. (Sean wanted to just relax and enjoy the holiday rather than rush around the kitchen....me too.) I am baking 3 homemade cranberry breads for breakfast in the morning. The smell in my kitchen is fantastic right now! Whatever it is, it brings out the best in all of us.

Last year I wrote a Thanksgiving post about family traditions. To continue with that, we have several Thanksgiving movies we enjoy every year. Maybe some of you have seen them and enjoy watching them as well....Here are a few of our favorites....

Dutch, starring Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy) and Ethan Randall (Randy, from National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation). Without giving away too much, the movie is about a spoiled boy who's father would rather spend Thanksgiving with his girlfriend than his son. So his mother, who wants nothing more than her sons love, sends her boyfriend to pick him up from private school and bring him home for Thanksgiving. They go through a wild road trip in the process. This movie is hilarious and yet touching. A must see.

Our second favorite is a classic. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, starring John Candy and Steve Martin. I can't think of anyone who hasn't seen this movie, but just in case. Neal (Steve Martin) is trying to get home two days before Thanksgiving when he runs into Del (John Candy). The two of them are thrown together on a wild trip From New York to Chicago, where anything and everything goes wrong. Another hilarious yet touching movie. (Not totally appropriate for the entire family, the "F" word is used A LOT in one scene.)

Our third favorite, a must see classic for anyone with children....A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. My parents watched it as kids, I watched it as a kid, and so on. I don't need to to give a rundown, we all know the story. Always touching for young and old!!!

Last, but not least, after dinner when all is clean and settled down, we cuddle up on the couch with the kids and watch our very first showing of A Christmas Story. The Christmas season officially begins with the opening music of Deck the Halls. Just writing about it gives me the chills. A great movie for the whole family about a little boy who wants nothing more that a Red Rider Bebe gun for Christmas. What makes this movie special, its a true story told by the actual man it happened to. Such a funny movie, from a kids prospective. TNT plays it all night starting at 8pm on Christmas Eve until 8pm Christmas night.

Well, I have enjoyed writing this post, but I must get back to baking. Sean will be home from work early today, in time to watch the Celtics!! From our family to yours, have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!