JellyPages.com

Monday, February 28, 2011

More St. Pattie's Day Treats!!!

This pregnancy has definitely brought the sweet tooth out of me. I just can't get enough sweet treats to make. On that note, here are a few more St. Patrick's Day sweets that I will be trying this week. They are both quick and easy and minimal baking required. (For those of you who don't have the time to be a true Martha Stewart...like me...lol.)


This first recipe I found from Munchkin Munchies. These little treats are easy to make, very little baking, and minimal ingredients. They're even easy enough for the little ones to help. Make them for St. Patrick's Day or even April Fool's Day.
 "Irish Potatoes"

4 tablespoons softened butter
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
6 ounces walnuts, toasted cooled and finely chopped (in food processor) plus extra for garnish
1 pound confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon for rolling
Cream together butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt on high speed until lightened. Beat in walnuts and sugar until smooth. Refrigerate 1 hour until firm enough to roll. Roll about 1 tablespoon in your hands and shape to look like mini potatoes. Roll in cinnamon and brush off excess with a pastry brush. If you would like to create “eyes” stick a few pieces of walnut in some of the potatoes using  tweezers. Chill 30 minutes. Serve.




This next recipe is so simple and takes minutes to make. St. Patrick's Day Marshmallows. All you need:
large marshmallows
green edible marker
green sanding sugar or sprinkles
cup of water
lollipop sticks

You can find green food writers in the craft store, Americolor Gourmet Writers are the best! Find the sprinkles (go for sanding sugar or very fine sprinkles) and the lollipop sticks in the craft store.

For shamrocks, simply draw a shamrock and insert stick, if desired. For glittery marshmallows, insert a lollipop stick into a marshmallow. Quickly submerge the marshmallow in a cup of water. Immediately sprinkle sanding sugar or sprinkles over marshmallow to completely coat. Tap off excess and set aside to dry.

These are great for parties or just a treat for the kiddies! I personally love marshmallows, so these are on my favorites list!!


This last recipe I found from Tip Junkie. Its called Lucky Leprechaun Cookie Bark. The main ingredients are....Thin Mints....you know, those addictive Girl Scout cookies. Green M&Ms, pretzels and chocolate....yummy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those marshmallows are adorable!
    New follower from MBC :)
    Feel free to check out my blog and follow me back
    http://slepperymind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back from MBC.
    When I was pregnant I had to have truffle chocolate ice cream so I can relate.
    I can't wait to try some of these sweets with my daughter. We love cooking together.

    http://momsinvent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi- I am a new follower from the Good Friends Just Click- Blog Hop. I love your blog! I would appreciate if you followed me back @
    http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Hubby has a drop of Irish in him, maybe we should try to make some of these tomorrow..
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Here from HHH.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!