JellyPages.com

Thursday, February 24, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Treats and Home Decor!

One of my familys' favorite holidays is St. Patrick's Day. Since my husband is pure Irish, (On both his Mother and Fathers sides) its important to him that our children learn and celebrate their heritage. Besides the usual class activities I have planned for them. I wanted to find a fun and tasty treat that we could all make together. I thought to myself, this is going to be easy. I'll just do a Google search for St. Patrick's Day treats. HA!!!! Boy was I wrong. After hours of searching blogs, cookbooks, and cooking sites, I found NOTHING I liked. Finally I resorted to an old standby...Kellogg's! Lucky Shamrock Treats, a simple and fun recipe that even my 2 year old can help with. You can even dye the rice crispies green with food coloring! I have a box of 101 cookie cutters that I have never used. Three different sized shamrock shapes. Thee're great for cutting down on the fighting...lol.

With the new living room set coming next week, I decided the walls needed more pictures. Lets face it, we have no family pictures on the walls, at all. I can't even remember the last time we had pictures professionally done. So, I wanted something that would go with the new furniture and look sharp. I found the perfect collage frames on Amazon for only $25 each, with free Prime Shipping. (I bought the last two) Each collage holds 10 4x6 pictures. The photo doesn't really show it, but each little frame is 3D. Its the perfect accent for the bare wall next to our front door. (We have lived here for 2 years and have never put anything up there.) That was the easy part, picking out the perfect pictures from our sea of a few thousand, not so much. I spent hours trying to find 20 pictures. I didn't want to have too many of each child, so I hope the 21 I had printed from Snapfish will work.

Sean didn't want the living room to look too girly, so he added a few accents of his own, to remind him of home....In case you didn't notice, he's a huge sports fan. He loves all the Boston teams, ie. Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots. Since he was already spending loads of money, why not go on an Amazon shopping spree. I don't really mind. I love all the teams too, even though I'm from AZ, my heart is with the Boston teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!