JellyPages.com

Friday, March 4, 2011

Sick As A Dog......

There are several terms in the English language that make little sense to me..."You're S****** Me". What on earth does that mean? It's really gross if you think about it. Who wants someone leaving "poop" on them? My husbands favorite term..."Take a dump" Really??? Where are you planning on taking that dump too? Shouldn't it be "Leaving a dump? After all, we're not taking it with us, we're leaving it in the toilet.

In my case, and what this entry was actually about, I am "sick as a dog". (Sean  brought home a cold last week and one by one, we have all caught it.) Sore throat, runny nose, cough, and just plain tired. I'm not really sure were a "dog" fits in with that. I didn't think a dog could catch a human cold. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a dog sick. So where did the term come from? Clearly I'm delirious from lack of sleep, so I'll just leave it at that....lol.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you're all sick =( But I do like the fact that you've been posting more!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!