JellyPages.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011

We're Expecting.......

Well, not exactly. My cat Dee-duh is expecting her first litter within the next week or two. I think I mentioned in a past post how it happened, but if not, here is a refresher. During the week after Sam was born, Dee-duh went into "heat". Mom was staying with us to help out with the other kids. On the night of the 24th of June (I think) the back slider was left open and she bolted out the door. We tried to lure her back in, but she was having none of it. Mom left the back door open all night, hoping she would come back. Well, she did, along with two new friends. She was sitting on my classroom table and two male cats were sitting on the classroom floor, both staring at her. Mom chased them away, but we feared it was too late. We were right. So here we are, about to have a little of kittens. Sean is livid. He hates the cat to begin with. Now he hates her even more and will not help me with the situation. So I'm on my own with kitty duty.

I've been doing a bunch of research, but I still have no clue what to do. Sean doesn't want to pay to take her to a vet, so I asked my wonderful next door neighbor Mel to help me. She has had cats with multiple litters and knows what to do/expect. She said I could call her day or night when she goes into labor. I'm just afraid she will do it somewhere in the living room or MY BED. I don't want the kids seeing any of it. So, wish me luck.....anyone want a kitten????

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!