JellyPages.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Funniest Sign Ever!

When I was a little girl, my Grandparents had this sign hanging in there kitchen, to the right of the doorway leading into the dining room. It was a wooden sign, which looked to be from the late 50's or early 60's. I loved the sign because it was so funny. The front of it had three stick figure firemen holding a fire hose. Above them read "In Case of Fire, Raise This Flap....." When you raised the wooden flap, the inside read "Not Now STUPID, In CASE of FIRE!" I use to laugh my butt off at that sign, reading it over and over again. Well, almost 11 years ago my Grandmother passed away and then my Grandfather did as well a year or so later. All the possessions in the house were either taken by the siblings or given to Goodwill. That sign was taken by my Aunt Doreen. I haven't seen it since. I tried to find another one online, but all I could find was this picture of the sign....



If anyone knows where I can find this sign, please let me know. Its a memory from my childhood that means a lot to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!