JellyPages.com

Sunday, September 11, 2011

How I remember 9-11

I know most people would soon forget that horrible attack on our country 10 years ago, but I can't help but remember. I remember it well because I had just flown home from visiting Sean in Boston the evening of the 10th of Sept, 2001. I remember laying over in Newark and looking out the window at the two towers. I was talking to Sean on the phone and asked him what they were. (Yes, I was one of the few who had never seen them in person, had no clue what they were.) That was the first and last time I had ever seen them.

The next morning, around 5am Pacific time, I got a call from Sean saying his sister had been hit by some ditsy girl while on her way to work. Sean was headed to the hospital to pick her up. Since my body was still on EST, I stayed up and turned on the TV. I was laying in bed watching the second plane fly into the second tower. At first I thought it was a movie, but soon realized it was real. I freaked out, tried calling Sean again, but he had already left his house. I ran into my parents bedroom and woke them up, turning on the TV. I remember the fear I felt. Watching people panicking, firefighters running to help, and the noise. Its etched in my sole forever. I personally didn't know anyone (that I know of) but I do know people who lost their loved ones. I can't help but tear up at remembering all I saw on the news for weeks. Our country has never been the same since. My children will never know what the world was like before that awful day. It really is sad.

So, to end this on a more positive note, today we will be spending the day celebrating life with our children. We are having Liams 6th birthday party. There will be no sadness for them, they are too young to understand and we want them to remember the 10th anniversary as a happy day, not a sad one.

God Bless all who lost their lives....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!