JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012!!!


Happy New Year! I can't believe another year has come and gone in the blink of an eye. Christmas was wonderful, but I'll get to that in a few.

This holiday season wasn't as great as it normally would be. The past three weeks have been filled with illness and infections. Backtracking to my last post, I was blessed with a UTI on Thanksgiving. Only days later, Sean came down with a small cold that spread like wildfire throughout the house. Everyone except myself caught it. (It was a miracle I didn't.) Even Sammy had a nasty cough. My poor baby boy had his first illness. It was heartbreaking, but he fought it like a champ. Around the same time Sean caught the cold, he also developed a boil on his lower back. Of course Mary then caught the infection and ended up with three, one her side, one her tailbone and one on her inner thigh. The one on her side was huge and scary looking. I had never dealt with anything like it before, so I was pretty worried. It took two weeks to get rid of them and she still has small outbreaks from it now. A week ago, Cian cut his finger open and didn't bother to tell anyone. That turned into a boil as well, and spread to his leg, on the side of his knee. By New Years day, it was 10 times worse than Marys. He had a slight fever as well. So Sean took him to an urgent care. The doctor didn't seem too concerned, but did give him two antibiotics and a shot in the butt. Cian has not taken any of this as well as Mary. He has been the biggest baby about it, lol. All of this has made the holiday season a bit stressful. Between playing Santa and doctor, I have been running ragged.

Enough depressing talk. On to the Christmas festivities!!! Sean worked 6 days in a row to have Christmas day through this past Tuesday off. It was the first time we have ever had him around for a whole week after Christmas. It was soooo fun!! We did have a great Christmas day. Mom went crazy this year with gifts. She bought Declan a new 24 inch bike, that was way too big for him. Sean had to take it back and exchange it for a 20 inch.

She bought Cian a new scooter that I got stuck putting together. Santa bought him the same one last year, but I broke it trying to put it together. We tried to exchange it, but they were sold out. So he never got his scooter last year and Declan did. He loves it! She also bought Mary and Fionn Radio Flyer My 1st Scooters, pink and red. Those were easy to put together. They both love them. She bought Liam a Radio Flyer Trike, he is constantly stealing Marys, so now he has his own to ride. Lizzie got a cute little bug to ride. Stupid Bear chewed off all the toys the day after Christmas. She was so upset. Mom also bought the Fisher Price Grand Dollhouse and all the rooms to go with it. She's crazy, the house alone was $75. Each room was between $12 and $25. She bought 8.

For Sean and I, she bought a red professional pots and pans set. A red yogurt/ice cream maker. I really nice knife set along with new cookie sheets and utensils. Last, but not least......an Xbox 360 with Kinect and the Disneyland Adventure game....THAT WOMAN IS CRAZY!!!!! I love her to death, but she's still crazy. I won't even go into what she bought my Dad, Aunts Rene and Doreen and Jazmin. (She got her the Xbox Kinect and Nintendo 3DS) She decided this was going to be the last Christmas she would go crazy with.

As I had mentioned in my last post, this was going to be my first Christmas buying gifts for Sean by myself. I was able to get him the Star Wars Blu-ray set, a really cute key chain and, his big gift....A new smoker with wood chips and a grilling set. It wasn't going to get here until after Christmas, so we decided to do a second Christmas on New Years Eve. He apparently had another gift for me as well........a 10k white gold diamond wedding band, to replace the one my Mom bought me for our wedding. At the time, Sean couldn't afford to buy me one. I was shocked and thrilled!!!! It's so beautiful and he even cried when he gave it to me. He had our song playing on his tablet as well.

He gave me my gift first, so I felt a little bad that my gift to him wasn't as flashy. He loved it anyway! We spent the rest of the afternoon putting it together so he could smoke a big brisket for dinner on New Years Day.



The girls made out with lots of dollhouse stuff, princess jewelery and even a vanity. (which they fought over) The favorite gifts were the dollhouse and the Disneyland Adventure Xbox game. Mary and Lizzie love that they can hug and dance with Minnie Mouse and all their favorite princesses.

We had a yummy turkey dinner with all the trimmings and our wonderful landlady Keiko cooked us a delicious prime rib and brought it over for dinner. She has been such a blessing in our life and come to think of her as part of the family. (Sean goes over to play Wii Bowling with her a lot. Not too shabby for an 82 year old women...lol).

All in all, it was a lovely Christmas. The best part, we aren't broke in January this year...lol. I'll leave this with some photos from the gift opening!! 

































No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!