JellyPages.com

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Much needed Disney trip!

It's been a pretty stressful few weeks with the house hunt and Sean's crazy deadlines at work. So stressful that the company decided to treat Seans' entire department to a trip to Disney. Sean was pretty excited, so much that he had to come home and rub it in my nose. Never mind that the kids would be heartbroken that they weren't invited.

I can't remember the last time I left the house, let alone go out as a family for a day of fun. So you could imagine how upset I was when he got to go have a great time and I was stuck babysitting the kids and left to deal with the realtor's. Finally I just blew up. I lit into him for at least two hours before he left on his "day of fun". I went off on everything from the move to being his live-in babysitter/maid. I had just had enough. I guess what I was really upset about was the fact that we never go anywhere. He never wants to hire a babysitter so we can go out and have a nice evening together. He just expects me to sit around here and teach, cook and clean. I felt unloved and taken advantage of. So I let him have it. I made sure he felt like s*** too. That way he could put himself in my shoes for once.

Well, I guess it worked. He came home that night at 8pm with flowers and a caramel apple. He also came home with a gift for the whole family....Season passes to Disney for all of us. We can go anytime we want as long as its on an off day. So instead of looking at houses this past Monday, we took the kids to Disney. 

Now taking a trip to Disney isn't as easy as you might think. We can't drive the van because it hasn't passed emissions and therefore remains unregistered. So, we had to call a cab to take half of us. Liam and Lizzie both get car sick, so we had to drug them both up and put them in the car with Sam. Declan, Cian, Mary, Fionn and I rode in the cab with a driver that had a major hangover. He smelled HORRIBLE, so much that he was making me car sick. Before all of this happened, Sean and I had to get up at 6am just to get everyone fed, dressed and bags packed for the trip. (We took tuns of snacks and drinks with us) It was also raining a bit, but that made it nice cool.

We got right in the park and headed for Pirates. I took Declan and Cian on the right with me. Cian SCREAMED like a baby the entire ride. Thank goodness we were in a car all alone. He kept asking when we were getting off. It's wasn't even scary. When we got back, Sean too Mary and Fionn on the ride. Mary had a blast! She is such a trooper, three years old and loves scary rides! Next we went on the Haunted Mansion. I took Declan and Fionn, since Cian was such a big baby. Fionn was a little scared at first, but soon had fun. Sean took Declan, Fionn and Mary on it as well. While the rest of us were waiting, we had a snack. This duck came walking up to us, quacking for a snack as well. He ate a cracker right out of my hand. Lizzie was so excited and tried to pet him. He didn't mind at all.

After we left the Haunted Mansion, we ran into Snow White. Mary was so excited to see her. She gave her a hug and told her she loved her. It was sooooo cute! I was hoping Lizzie would get to see her, but she was sleeping in the stroller. On a scary note, while Sean and the boys were waiting for us, Fionn saw Goofy at the castle and wondered off on his own. We were past the castle when Sean realized he wasn't with us. He went running back to find him. He had made his way to the other side of the castle in just a few minutes. He was looking for us when some father spotted him. That was when Sean found him. Pretty scary losing a child at Disney. For the rest of the day, he had to ride in the stroller unless he was on a ride.

After Snow White, we made our way to Tarzans' tree house, which I made Sean go on with the boys. Cian was once again a huge baby and didn't want to cross the bridge. We headed to see the princesses, but the wait was an hour long. So instead we went into the princess gift shop and bought Lizzie a princess Minnie doll and Mary a light up tiara. Lizzie didn't put her Minnie down the entire trip. After that we went to Toon Town. It was so packed. We made our way to Minnie's house. She was posing for pictures. The line was 30 minutes long, so Mary and I waited in it while Sean took everyone else to see Chip and Dales house. Once again, Mary was super thrilled to meet Minnie and gave her a big hug. She even got to go tour her house. I'll post those pictures at the end of this post.

After Toon Town, I took Mary, Fionn and Declan on It's a Small World. For being such a long ride, it sure is boring. The awful song gets stuck in your head for the next two days as well. Mary and the boys liked it, but it wasn't their favorite.

After Small World, my cell phone died so I couldn't take anymore pictures. (I really need a new battery) We headed to Buzz Lightyear next because Liam said that was what he wanted to see. Sean took him, Cian, Mary and Declan on the ride. The minute they got into the cars, Cian started bugging, screaming to get off. Liam sat with Sean and completely lost it. Thrashing, screaming, kicking his shoes off. Sean tried to distract him with the laser gun, but he wanted no part of it. At one point, Sean thought he was settling down. Instead he yells "I'm getting out of here" and tries to jump out of the ride. At this point, he threw his shoes into Declans' car, which Sean had to find. When it stopped, he went running out with no shoes on. Sean was so angry. Liam ran right up to me crying. I could feel his heart racing and he was trembling. Poor little guy, no more rides for him. Fionn, Mary and Declan had a great time on the ride. 

By time we were done with that, Mary really had to pee. So much that she was crying and the line for the restroom was pretty long. All the ladies saw she was crying and let her move to the front of the line. There is still hope for kindness in this world after all! Sean seems to think its because we were at Disney, you can't help but be nice there. Ye of little faith!

By 2pm, the kids were getting restless, so we drugged Liam and Lizzie back up and called a cab to pick them up. That wasn't as smooth as the morning cab. We had a hard time getting the stroller closed and it was a mess from the kids eating in it. The cab driver wouldn't shut up either. He just talked the entire ride. All I wanted was a little peace. We were home by 3pm. Put the little ones down for a nap and started in on dinner and getting the house cleaned up for the handyman to do a walk through at 4pm.

All in all, it was a pretty fun day. We learned a few tips for next time and some major dos' and don ts. We are going back Monday for Fionns' 5th Birthday!

House near beach.
2 story condo
Yard of house near beach.
On a more unpleasant note, we finally put in our first 2 applications yesterday. One we don't think we'll get. It's a mile from the beach and has a HUGE backyard with fruit trees. The other we have a good shot. It just doesn't have a backyard and is kind of small. However there is a huge park behind the house. Here are a couple pictures of the two. We should hear something by this weekend.

Finally, here are the rest of the pictures from Disney!
Minnie and Mickey dancing on Main St.

Fionn on Small World.

Mary in Minnies bed.

Mary in Minnies fridge.

Mary on Minnies computer.

Princess Sean



2 comments:

  1. So glad I visited. The kids have grown so much. Think you must play hookie for a week or three and come visit me here in SA so I can do with you what I'd do with my daughters....spoil you rotten! You are an amazing mom, hang in there, your time will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH for season passes to Disney!! Each trip will get easier and the kids will enjoy it more and more! =)

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!