JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Belated Birthday Post.....Fionny

I actually wrote this post on 5/1, but with all the craziness around here the last week or so, I didn't get a chance to post it. So here is Fionnys Birthday party.

We successfully pulled off yet another birthday! Fionny turned 5 yesterday. What better way to celebrate than Disney! Once again, we loaded the troops into a cab and headed back. As soon as we got there, I took him to town hall to get his birthday button. Its nothing special, just a free button you wear that says its your birthday. All the cast members and crew see the button and wish you a happy birthday. He even had people that didn't work at the park wishing him a happy birthday. At first he was a little confused by it, but I just told him every time someone wishes you a happy birthday, just say thank you. He did!
This isn't the most flattering picture of him, but it shows his pin.

We spent most of the day at Disney, going on rides like Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and the Pinocchio boats. We didn't see any characters this time, so we decided to head over to California Adventure. Right away, we saw Minnie in a show. She walked right past the girls and they flipped out. Lizzie was so excited to see her. Then we saw Mickey and Pluto. They were posing for pictures, so I took Mary, Lizzie, Declan, Fionn and Cian with me to wait in line. As soon as we got up there, Cian bugged and ran back to Sean. Lizzie got a big hug from Pluto. She loved him. Mary got a hug from Mickey. She was thrilled too. I think that was the highlight of her day!

Before we saw Mickey and Pluto, Sean took Mary, Declan and Fionn on the ferris wheel. I got a pretty good shot of them way up in the air. Sean was actually pretty nervous on the ride. Not because of the spinning but because he was 175 feet in the air in a tiny cage with three of the kids. He was afraid one of them would try and open the door. You wouldn't get me on that thing.

We headed back around 3pm because we had a guy coming to the house to do some work, so we had to get home. I still needed to wrap Fionns presents and Sean had to go get his cake and In and Out burgers. Poor Fionny fell asleep on the couch when we got home, so we had to delay the party. When he did finally wake up, it was a dinosaur themed party! All his gifts were dinosaurs, the only things he asked for. They all played with the toys and ate cheese burgers and fries. To end the party, Boston Cream Cake!! All in all, it was a successful Disney birthday party. Happy Birthday Fionny Bear, my little man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!