JellyPages.com

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Reflections, Vietnam War
To all the brave men and women who fought bravely for this country, in all wars past and present, we thank you. Without these hero's, our country wouldn't be what it is today. From my family to yours, Happy Memorial Day!

This picture is one of my favorite memorial images. I first saw it in a sales window at The Frame Up in Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall, in Arizona. It brought tears to my eyes as I stood there and admired the details. I thought to myself, this poor man survived Vietnam and his friends, his fellow officers and maybe even the nurse that saved his life did not. How does that make him feel; guilty, angry, maybe even a little cheated, that he didn't die with them? He looks to be in his 50's, maybe a little younger. Looks as if he has a good job and even a family. Those men and women sacrificed their lives so he could move on with his. He is carrying that burden with him, probably until the day he dies. But instead of dying in a ditch thousands of miles from home, he will most likely die in his own bed, with his family close by.

I could not imagine carrying that burden with me for the rest of my life. The men and women who chose to take those chances for us are far braver than I am. I have nothing but love and respect for ALL of them.

As we celebrate our last holiday in this home, I am grateful that we are able to barbecue as a family and drink beers. We are able to celebrate this amazing holiday and unofficially kick off summer safely in this country because of the amazing people that gave their lives. To all of the men and women, past and present....THANK YOU and GOD BLESS!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!