JellyPages.com

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lots of Changes

Life around here has been pretty crazy. With Sean starting his new job, we have not really been able to come up with a good schedule. He does have set days off, Wednesday and Thursday but closes two or three days per week (1-10pm). That of course throws off our entire day because by time he gets home, it's about 10:15pm and he is still wide awake from work. For the first week, we weren't getting to bed until 1-2am. Of course the kids were up at 6am, so that didn't leave much peace for sleeping in.

Working for this company has its perks (Free cell phones, laptops and tablets) but until he really started working, he had no idea just how much he didn't know about computers and this amazing company. There isn't time for training, with the October launch of their new cell phones and tablet, so he has been pretty much training himself. There are so many classes to take, systems to learn and he has to get it all down in less than a year. His head is spinning...lol. On the plus side, any classes, certifications or college courses are completely paid for by the company, including books. He wants to take App Development. That class is mostly online and starts next month. He's going to be a busy bee for a long time.

With Sean working crazy hours, the kids and I have been trying to keep busy around the house. It has been too hot for them to go out and play, so they have been playing tuns of Xbox. If I have to listen to that stupid Star Wars Lego theme music one more day, I'm going to shoot myself. In the middle of all this heat, our AC broke last Friday. It was 102 degrees and 88 in the house. The bitch landlord didn't return our calls for nearly 2 days. Sean looked up the landlord/Tenant laws in our state. Unfortunately, in this state it is not required to provide AC to the home or unit. So, she is taking her sweet time finding someone to fix it. Meanwhile my baby came down with a fever (4 teeth coming in) and cooling him off has not been easy. If this had been our old landlord Keiko, it would have been fixed the same day. Supposedly, someone is coming to fix it on Thursday.

With all this heat comes ants. My kitchen has been taken over by those little pests for the last week. Instead of making breakfast first thing every morning, I'm removing hundreds of ants from my food and cabinets. It's horrible. Though it could be worse, they could be roaches.

On a more personal note, I have been battling an unknown illness for the past two months. I originally went to the doctor for what I thought was a UTI. It was, but then came back a month later. The original urine test showed I had Staff in my urine. So the next appointment they gave me an antibiotic for Staff. After a week of taking it, I still had the same symptoms. The doctor said my second urine test was clear and that I needed to see an OB/GYN. Of course that freaked me out. I went to the hospital and had an ultrasound preformed. They did find a mildly complex left ovarian cyst. It seems to have been there for some time but is only 2.1mm in size. The doctors at the hospital said I had Cycstitus and needed to see a OB/GYN that specializes in urology. So, they recommended a wonderful doctor whom I saw on Monday. After asking a bunch of question and doing a pelvic exam, she decided to have me come back for a Cystoscopy. Of course that freaked me out all the more. She will have to place a tube with a tiny camera into my urethra. It's not suppose to be painful, but she took urine directly from my bladder and that really burned. That was her deciding factor. I guess that wasn't suppose to happen. She wants to see what is causing the inflammation in my urethra and bladder. In the mean time, I can only drink water. No spicy or sweet foods either. She also put me on Culturelle Probiotic and D-Mannose. Both are suppose to help cleanse the urinary tract. I go in for the procedure on the 11th of October. As if things couldn't get worse, during my exam, she found that my pelvic muscles were shot. She said I need to see a therapist to strengthen them back up or I will loose control of my bladder and bawls when I get older. That's just what I needed to hear. She said I should have been doing my kegel exercises after each birth. I may not be able to have anymore children, which breaks my heart. I wanted one more when Sammy was two or so.
 
Well, that has been our crazy life for the last month or so. School starts on Oct. 5th, so it's going to get a little crazier yet!

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! What a crazy bunch of things happening at once. I hope Sean continues to do well in his new job. I will be sending many prayers and good, healthy thoughts your way!

    I hope things quiet down for you and that you get a routine established.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. Life is a crazy ride. Hang in there and find a cool spot. It is finally getting cooler here in Minnesota. I love the snow and cold with fires burning. I would not survive the heat down south!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there and keep the faith!!! sometimes when I look back at crazy times like that in my life I don't know how we got through it..sane. but we did. and you will. do your kegals anyway!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog through Christine because you mentioned living in Boston, and I live in MA. Good luck with your appointment next week, your tale is a reminder to me that I should go schedule my physical!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!