Today is my eldest son Declans' 10th birthday. I can't believe 10 years have come and gone in, what seemed like the blink of an eye. We were truly blessed with this amazing boy. He is very smart, helpful, talented and funny. He does everything we ask of him without a fuss. (most of the time) He helps out so much with his little brothers and sisters. He has a vivid imagination and a talent for bringing it to life. He's a great student and a breeze to teach. He's very close to Sean and enjoys watching Boston sports with him any chance he gets.
Here's a few little interesting things about Declan-
- Was born in Weymouth, MA on October 21, 2002. (Was conceived the night the Patriots and Tom Brady won their first Super Bowl together.)
- I went into labor with him around 5am and didn't deliver until almost 6pm. (I had the most amazing mid-wife named Debra.)
- He was born PERFECTLY CLEAN! Not a scratch or icky goop on him.
- During those late night feedings, Sean loved to feed him with a beer and watch King of the Hill. It was their special bonding time. (I had to stop breast feeding due to a horrible case of Mastitis.)
- Declan was sleeping through the night by two months, crawling by 5 and walking by almost 1.
- His nickname is "The Big Dooga" because as a baby, he would run around yelling "Dooga dooga daaaa".
- His favorite meal is chicken pot pie.
- His favorite color is green.
- He has been home schooled his entire life.
- He loves to swing and play baseball with his brothers.
- His favorite movie is Spiderman.
- His favorite TV show is Doctor who.
- His favorite subject in school is Science.
- He loves to read
- He loves to draw.
I am so proud of my son and all he has accomplished so far in his life. He is an amazing boy and I can't wait to see what he will do in the next 10 years. Happy Birthday Declan, we love you!!!