JellyPages.com

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday...Lizzie Addition!


Yesterday we celebrated Lizzie's 3rd Birthday, and what better reason to be thankful than for this beautiful little girl. She is our 6th child and 2nd daughter. She was born on October 13th at 3:13pm and weighed 7lbs 15oz.

I am so thankful for her sassy personality. She knows what she wants and won't stop until she gets it. (Or just screams at the top of her lungs until one of us caves.) She knows she's cute and will use that to her advantage.

I'm thankful for her waking us up in the morning, climbing into our bed to lay with me. (She never wants to lay with Daddy.) She will cuddle under the covers and close her eyes for about 30 minutes. We'll miss that when she out grows it.


I'm thankful for her bedtime routine. Both her and Mary love Disney Princesses. They have all 6 main princesses on their walls,  one giant castle and one tiny castle. Every night they won't go to bed until I pick each girl up and walk to each princess and say "This is Sleeping Beauty, princess 1. This is Belle, princess 2. This is Snow White, princess 3. This is Ariel, princess 4. This is Tiana, princess 5. This is Cinderella, princess 6. I then have to say "one big castle and one little castle." I then proceed to "drop" them into their beds...lol. There are some nights when I don't feel like going through the whole routine, but then I remember, in as little as a few months, they won't want to do that anymore, I'll wish I had those few times of laziness back.


I'm thankful for her mannerisms. She puts her little hand over her nose and one eye when she's tired or shy. She'll put her head down and look up only with her eyes, when she knows she did something wrong. It's so hard to stay mad at her for more than two seconds.

I'm thankful for her little voice. She loves to sing and loves Doc McStuffins. She knows the theme song by heart and will sing right along to the show. The last time my Mom came to visit, she sat her on her lap and sang some cheesy song from the 40's. (I don't know why....I love you like I do....something, something) That was over a year ago and to this day, Lizzie sings. "I don't no why, I don't know why" over and over again. I'm so thankful that, though Mom can't be here often, Lizzie learned something from her and Mom is so tickled that she remembered it.

I'm so thankful for the bond she has with her sister. She loves Mary and looks up to her. Though they fight like cats and dogs, they are always together and would be lost without each other.

I'm thankful for her beautiful blue eyes and curly blond hair. She is our only child with curly hair and I LOVE it so much. I love the way it forms ringlets when it dries and falls so sweetly down her back. I love her giant blue eyes, so full of wonder. I love her big, beautiful smile and funny little laugh. It warms my heart.

I'm thankful for our routine together. She sits on my lap on the couch, facing me and sways back and forth yelling "I love you" in all different silly voices, and I repeat the same, trying to match her voice. We do this for at least 30 minutes and it never gets old. Again, in 5 or 10 years, we won't remember these little things, and if we did, we would wish we could bring them back.

I'm grateful for her independent personality. She's very strong willed and doesn't put up with anything from anyone. She's very smart too. She can aruge with the best of them. Sometimes we have to remember she's the child and we're the adults...lol.

Although she is quite girly. she can get down and dirty with her big brothers any day. She loves to roll around on the floor wrestling with Declan, Cian and Fionn. She'll sit through Doctor Who and Phineas and Ferb all day, so long as her brothers are watching them.

I'm so thankful for my beautiful little angel. She was a blessing from the moment we realized I was expecting. Life for us has been so much better with her beautiful little face and sassy attitude. I thank God everyday for my little angel.

Here are a few more pictures from her birthday.














No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!