JellyPages.com

Friday, December 21, 2012

Testing....

Xmas tree 2012
So, Sean got his new free Microsoft Surface from work yesterday and I'm testing it out to see if I can use it for blogging. So far, the touch pad is weird but very cool. You would think it wouldn't work well, since the keys aren't buttons, but it actually works great, once you get the hang of it. It's a little weird using both the touch screen and touch pad at the same time, but very cool too. Lets try posting a picture...It works!

Now that I know I can use the Surface, on with my post! I know this is a little late, since we actually put up our decorations before Thanksgiving, but here are a few photos of the finished product! They're not great, you try taking pictures of my kids while they're moving...lol. I do like how the garland turned out around the front window. Sean bought an extra set from Costco for the railing. Not the same set, but still very pretty. These are the only pictures I could get off my phone. All the good ones are either on Sean's phone or my SkyDrive account. I can't figure out how to get them from that account to Blogger yet.

décor with the lights off.

Train in the kitchen from Costco.

Liam decorating the tree.

Cian decorating the tree.

Our little Charlie Brown tree.

Sammy decorating too.

And Lizzie.

The new angel that the dogs almost chewed up.

Mary decorating.

The new garland.

Sean's favorite cookies.

Décor with lights on.

Sorry for the sideways photo.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. LUV the Christmas photos! So what do you think about the surface? How cool you got to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison! The Surface is a lot of fun. The touch screen is the best I've ever seen. It doesn't have Flash, so a lot of the sits we work with in school we can't use, however Microsoft loaded the top 1,000 websites that use flash, so you can access them. Windows 8 is AMAZING on it. You can choose to use that, or switch to the old windows 7 desktop. I use that for blogging. The apps are pretty good, hundreds added everyday. My favorite app is the family room. You choose who has access to it and you can share videos, pictures, notes, calendars and chat/text feeds. Its very handy! My only complaints are the sound, which is very quit, even up all the way, and the camera. Its something like cell cameras 5 years ago, crappy...lol. However the front facing camera is great for Skype! I would totally recommend the Surface to anyone!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!