JellyPages.com

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Good bye Surface

Since today is Sean's last day with Microsoft, he found out this morning that he has to return our Surface Tablet. Apparently it was ours to keep so long as he was working with the company. So this is my last post on the Surface. I'm very upset. This has been my personal computer since we got it in December. I even put a Red Sox skin on it the other day, and now I have to give it back. I know, there are a million other things I should be more concerned with, but sometimes it's the little things that make our lives a little bit brighter.

Anyway, it's been a rough couple of days. Sean left work early on Sunday because he wasn't feeling well. By mid afternoon he was projectile vomiting. I can't remember the last time I had seen him so ill. he couldn't even move. Turns out it was food poisoning. His insides are really sore and he may have been urinating blood from the violent force of dry heaving. He was able to get a few hours sleep Sunday night, but had to be up at 5am to go open the store. He did get to leave as soon as another manager came in around 10am. So he stayed in bed the rest of the day yesterday and was feeling much better after a good nights sleep.

In the few minutes I have been writing this post, Sean sent me a text from work saying the staff just threw him a huge party. They all brought in food from home, (which makes him really uncomfortable, since he just got over food poisoning) music and the whole works. They are all really sad he is leaving. Apparently he is the only manager they like, which makes him even more upset. He found out too, since he is leaving another manager has decided to leave as well. Of course this made him feel even worse because there are only 4 managers to begin with. He is leaving them short staffed and now another manager is leaving as well. That really puts a lot of stress on the guy in charge. This staff has been wonderful and he is really going to miss them. At the same time, he has to remember that he was miserable doing the job and it really wasn't paying the bills. He has a brighter future with the new company and more freedom. He is leaving with a great reputation and needs to just leave it at that.

UPDATE: This picture was taken at 2:30pm. Notice the Microsoft screens in the background. Very cool, they are not making it easy for him to leave. He is really sad.

Well, every good thing must come to an end. With that said, good bye Surface, you will be truly missed,,,,,

 

2 comments:

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!