JellyPages.com

Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter 2013 and other random catch ups....

Since life has been so crazy around here with illness and Sean starting a new job, I have found little time to blog. In fact, I started this post on Easter Sunday, it's now a week later and by time it's finished another week will have go by.....sigh. Where to start.....

Sean's new job is a Mon-Fri gig, so I have had to rearrange my entire school schedules. (Both the kids and mine.) We were on a Fri-Tues schedule, so over spring break I was able to get things a little more organized. We are well into the third term and doing much better. Having weekends off does have its disadvantages though. Sean has found it annoying to do the Costco runs. It's so much more crowded on Sat and Sun. Plus our Disney passes aren't good on Fri or Sat, which leaves only Sunday and its always so much more crowded on the weekends. No that we have been able to go for over a month with all our illnesses.

The kids have finally gotten better. No more stomach bugs or chicken pox. However Cian has developed a staff infection. He has this painful boil on his left arm, right in the joint and another huge one on the back of his neck. Both he and Lizzie are susceptible to them and we don't know why. The poor guy is in so much pain and he can't even go out to play.

On to Easter....it was a crazy one, as always. The kids had us up at the crack of dawn. We took Sam and Lizzie down first to get their reaction to the baskets and egg hunt before the heard could steal everything. Sam caught on to the egg hunt very quickly. Nothing gets past that little guy. Lizzie had no interest in finding eggs. She just sat on the couch eating candy. The video below is the kids stomping down the stairs to find their baskets. Please excuse Sean's attire. As you can see, it's early and we didn't have time to really "dress" for the occasion.


After the basket raiding, it was on to the egg hunt. The Easter Bunny only bought 3 dozen plastic eggs this year, so the older kids had to take it easy on the egg seeking, which of course didn't go over well with Declan. He complained about it the entire time. The Easter Bunny tried to hide some eggs in harder to find areas, but there isn't many places like that in this house. It was pretty much a free for all. They were just going crazy. I just couldn't get Lizzie to participate though. She just sat on the couch. I don't think she was quite herself yet from the illness.

All the eggs were filled with Jelly Bellies and these hard almond candies. I thought they were Robin Eggs, so I had to confiscate them from the little ones. Of course that didn't go over well. They were eating the candy out of the eggs as fast as they were finding them. I was afraid we would end up with vomiting kids again, so I put a stop to the candy eating until later in the day. This next video is the frantic search and uncontrolled chaos. Please excuse my screaming children. There's no controlling them when it comes to egg hunts and candy...lol


To be honest, I can't remember what we did after the egg hunt. The day was such a blur. We did have a wonderful glazed ham for dinner with sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and whole wheat dinner rolls. It wasn't a perfect Easter Sunday, but we were healthy and blessed to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord.


 

8 comments:

  1. That was fun to watch. Felt like I was right there with you guys watching all the kiddos. I loved hearing the dog barking...adds to the craziness of life. We have that going also.

    I pick a color for each kid zach is blue, jonah is green, colette is yellow, jonathan is purple and ava is pink...that is the only color they can hunt for. I also hide 40 eggs for each kid...CRAZY stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine- I hadn't actually watched them until you made this comment. To my horror, there were diapers scattered all over the living room, (clean diapers, the kids like to take them out and put them on their dolls)toys and other junk. That was Wookie barking to the background. You got a quick glimpse of him by the big mirror in his cage. Bear was actually being quiet for once.

      What a great idea for the egg hunt. I will have to remember that. Do they even make 7 different colors? 40 eggs for EACH CHILD? Where do you find the space to hide them all....lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Arley! What a wonderful Easter Day you all had! Thank you for sharing your beautiful family...so happy that your littles are all healthy now...Amen! Your meal sounds delish too. : ) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo- Thanks for stopping by! Life is always that crazy around here, even without the egg hunt and candy. There is never a dull moment...lol. Cian is still suffering from the staff infection but it hasn't slowed him down.

      Delete
  3. Hey, I like Christine's idea of a color for everyone...have to remember that for next year....your hunt sounded like ours!! Loved watching, it was great!! (loud like our home!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie- It's ALWAYS LOUD around here. Never a moment of peace. I love the assigned egg color idea. I wish I had thought of that. Not sure they make 7 different colors though, or even 6 for your crew? Maybe buy sets of pastels and bolds?

      It made my head spin watching the video....lol. They are so noisy!!!

      Delete
  4. I love this! I really respect you for being able to do all of this for your family and being organized enough to blog about it too! I also love all the good teaching tips and info you give on your blog. I have a blog to share free teaching resources I make, so I can really appreciate all your hard work! (I love your Easter blog background) Best wishes!

    Mindy
    www.squareheadteachers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and lovely comment Mindy. It's not always easy to balance a large family, homeschool, college and blogging, but all are equally important to us, so that's why I keep plugging on! I look forward to visiting your blog as well!

      Delete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!