JellyPages.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Baby Update

I had my 17 week appointment last Friday. It was a long one, over 2 hours. My doctor had to go deliver a baby, so they decided to do an ultrasound while we waited. The little one looks great, right on track with growth.  I have a big, hour long ultrasound at my next appointment in September. Since I am getting older and have had 8 babies, they want to do a more detailed ultrasound, keeping an eye on my bladder.

Almost an hour of my appointment was them trying to get 12 viles of blood out of me. Yes, you read that correctly...12! It took 5 pricks and 3 different blood drawers to get the job done. Needless to say, I was a bit sick to my stomach and very light headed. They decided I was a good candidate for a new test for Down Syndrome. It required a lot of blood, but at least I won't have to get that giant needle inserted into my stomach. (I would refuse anyway) I really liked this new doctor too. She is funny and down to earth, and a bit older. At least she is not a "he"...lol. I will keep you posted with any new complications and whatnot's.


7 comments:

  1. So happy you have found comfort in your doctor, Arley...so very important! And that you sweet little one is right on track! Prayers for a smooth, healthy pregnancy, friend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hope all is going well with baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you like this new doctor! Having a doctor you like can make a huge difference. As always, I am thinking of you and baby and sending lots of good thoughts your way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Not sure if my comment went through or was eaten. Let me try again...

    I'm happy that you like your new doctor! Having a doctor you like can make a huge difference. As always, I am thinking of you and baby and sending lots of good thoughts your way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, having a good doctor means the world when having babies, doesn't it?

    happy baby is doing good and growing!!

    I always skip that down syndrome test...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the baby! I just stumbled across your blog and it's so cute!

    www.makeoverwithaspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!
    Thinking of you this morning...
    Hope all is well, and just popping in to say miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!