JellyPages.com

Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby update...take 2!

I went to the doctor this afternoon for an ultrasound and exam. The ultrasound looked good except for a large amount of amniotic fluid. Now I've had this problem with most of my pregnancies, but my current doctor wanted me checked for gestational diabetes. She also wanted to hook me up to the non-stress test, that of course, didn't happen. The pain that I have been experiencing in my back turned out to be Siatica. She said it was very common in pregnancy and  an ice pack would help. However, because it was so inflamed today, I could not sit in the recliner to do the non-stress, test, so I have another ultrasound scheduled for next Monday to see of my fluid goes down. I could already tell her it won't. I have been through this many times before and every time, everything is fine. I am still on track to be induced on the 23rd, which can't come soon enough. I'll keep you up to date!

Update: As if things couldn't get any worse, I now have a sinus infection on the left side of my face. The last time I had one I was on the first trimester of my pregnancy with....Fionn, I think. They wouldn't give me anything to make it go away. It was awful. Now being 37 weeks along with this baby, I have to wait until Monday to see if my Dr. will give me a prescription. I called and they said to go see my primary care dr, which I do not have, so I decided to wait until my next appt. and she what she thinks I should do. There is an urgent care in the lobby of the same office building, so maybe they can help me if she gives the ok. Will keep updating. Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Getting closer!!!!
    Thanks for the update...
    Hope the ice pack helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the ice pack brings some relief! Good luck! Can't wait to hear of your new little ones arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you are feeling better soon...we don't want a sick mama when this baby comes!! I'll be thinking of you in prayer.

    I Can't wait to see her!
    Love all the pink over here!
    Love your Christmas decorations and Christmas with the kids, how fun!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!