JellyPages.com

Monday, March 9, 2015

Declan Gets A Haircut


Wow, I can't believe how much this boy has grown. He isn't a little boy anymore. He's a full blown teenager. Attitude and mood swings included! Declan is 12.5 and headed into the sixth grade in a couple months. We are finishing up this school year this week. (It's been a LONG year) with the birth of Hope, the death of my beloved Aunt Rene, the introduction and exit of my biological father, Sean's new job and my health problems, we got a little behind this year. But we are happy to say we all made it through and are ready for a much needed two months off before we start our next school year.


This beautiful little princess turned 1 on January 23. She recently started walking and has learned to communicate by screeching for what she wants. Not my favorite trait, but she's still cute. I have had such a hard time letting her babyhood go. Since she is our last baby, I have tried to hold on to her as much as possible. I balled when she started walk. I knew then that I had to let her go. I've learned a lot about myself with this beautiful little blessing. I've learned that being a mother to a baby is such a blessing. It's the most rewarding stage of life, in my opinion. So much happens in that first year of life, and if you blink, you'll miss something.

Anyhow, I wish I had more time to blog. With my own school starting back up in a week, my time will be very limited. We are in the process of picking a new curriculum for the kids next year. We have narrowed it down to A Beka or Pearson. Both are really expensive, but writing my own lesson plans is for the birds! If any of my homeschooling followers have any reviews or suggestions on either of these curricula, it would be greatly appreciated!!

That's all for now. Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you here!
    Your little ones are beautiful...
    And yes. They do grow.
    Way too quickly.
    Letting that baby grow is the hardest.
    Flynn is five. Five! And I still carry her on my hip!
    As for homeschooling, have you ever considered cyberschooling?
    My older kids do it.
    It is part of the public school program on our state.
    And as such, it costs us nothing.
    The school provides each student with a laptop and printer. They have actual teachers with actiuk lessons and we follow a regular 180 day calendar.
    You may want to look into it.
    Take care! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! Are you referring to programs like K12? We looked into it, but the problem with that is the kids would have to go to a public school several times per month for labs, reviews and such. We only have one driver in the house and he works 12+ hours per day. So that was out of the question.

      Delete

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!