JellyPages.com

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Meerkat

Since we finally finished our year-long homeschool, I've had more time to myself. I spend most of my life on Twitter and Instagram. I have been trying to find a way to promote homeschooling and an easier way to post my curriculum reviews. Well, my prayers have been answered!!!

Twitter has a new app for IOS users called #Meerkat. It's a way to stream live video right on to your Twitter account. It's still in its infancy (only been up for two weeks) but it is catching on quickly.

How does it work? Well, you just download the Meerkat app from the Apple app market, sign in using your Twitter sign in, and you're good to go! Just start recording, a link appears in your Twitter feed for your followers to click on. They are instantly brought to your live feed and can watch and comment instantly. The only downside is the notifications when someone you follow starts a live feed. If you follow a lot of people that use Meerkat, it goes off all the time. You can turn it off, but it really defeats the purpose of the app. Unless you happen to be on Twitter right when your friends are streaming, you'll miss the link, so the notifications are important.

I was so excited when Sean told me about this app. Now I can post live video of reviews or even play around with the kids. It's so much fun!!! If you have an iPhone, I highly recommend this app!!!! Check it out!

2 comments:

I am always happy to read comments. Please keep them tasteful as I will not allow insults to myself or others! God Bless!